Cuvée "Le Bourg"
Lalande de Pomerol
Located on the border of the Pomerol and Lalande-de-Pomerol appellations, “Le Bourg” – the source of its eponymous cuvée – is a plot situated on a small hill of clay and gravel 500 meters away from Chateau Pétrus and is by far the most esteemed of our estate, no doubt this terroir has qualities that we have to highlight. Only the highest standard of vinification is applied to Le Bourg’s fruit, combining exceptional new oak barrels and extended ageing and ultimately yielding a very limited level of production.
- 100% Merlot
- Area: 0,9 hectares
- Soil: Clay and gravelly with lines of iron oxid deeper
- Planting density: 6500 vine stocks / ha
- Average age of the vines: circa 40 years
- 4 methods of grass growing: earthing / unearthing
- Integrated wine growing
- Conversion to organic farming practices
- Hand hervested
- Grape sorting table
- Gravity flow cellar
- Total winemaking process in barrels
- Yeast mixing
- Aged 24 months in 6 high quality barrels – 100% new french oak coming from 3 barrel makers.